Don’t go it alone. As they say in Toy Story, you’ve got a friend in me.
If you are in crisis, take a moment to reach out. Just a moment. I care. I really care. Hang in there and reach out.
Don’t make that permanent decision today.
- Beyond Blue on 1300 22 46 36
- Headspace on 1800 650 890
- Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
- MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
- The Samaritans on 135 247
- Lifeline 0800 111 777
Supporting yourself or a loved one
We all want to know why we are like we are. Is it as bad as we think. Is the problem with everyone else. How can I help the people I love.
There is so much information out there – and not all of it’s good. Here are some reputable – and at the time I wrote the list, current – websites, with good information on mental health.
- Black Dog Institute World leader in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mood disorders
- Butterfly Foundation A Foundation for Eating Disorders
- Eating Disorder Hope Education, support, and inspiration to eating disorder sufferers
- Embrace Body image movement
- InsideOut Rethinking eating disorders from the InsideOut
- Overeaters Anonymous No matter your problem with food, we have a solution
- Recovery Warriors Dedicated to boosting the emotional intelligence and resilience of people struggling with depression, anxiety and eating disorders
- ROAR Reach Out & Recover
- RUOK? Suicide prevention charity
- SIOS Self Injury Outreach & Support
- Something Fishy Dedicated to raising awareness and providing support to people with Eating Disorders, and their loved-ones
- Suicide.Org Suicide Prevention, Awareness &Support
- Tabitha Farrar Eating Disorder Recovery for Adults
- TED Talks A collection of TED Talks on mental health
- The Mighty We face disability, disease and mental illness together
- TRED Tasmanians Recovering from Eating Disorders