Written resources connecting you to knowledge and communities that are meaningful for you
Books that have been insightful or highly recommended to me
- 8 Keys to Recovery From an Eating Disorder by Carolyn Costin
- Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Dr Joe Dispenza
- Dancing on my Grave by Gelsey Kirkland & Greg Lawrence
- Life without ED by Jenny Schaefer
- Recovery: Freedom from Our Addictions by Russell Brand
- The Bulimia Help Method by Richard & Ali Kerr
- Wasted by Marya Hornbacher
Online articles I’ve found interesting and helpful
- Have you seen anyone with a semicolon tattoo? Here’s what it’s about
- How to cope with Binges & Slips while trying to recover
- I’m in recovery for Bulimia but I don’t want to let my eating disorder go
- It’s never okay to comment on someone’s weight. Here’s why.
- Study uncovers hidden epidemic of eating disorders in middle aged women
- The Big Diet This Year Could Be No Diet At All What if, instead of promising to go on a diet this year, your resolution is to go on a non-diet?
- The “Double Life” of bulimia nervosa: patient perspectives
- The Paradox of Behaviour Change The natural tendency of life is to find stability.
- The Science of Happiness Why complaining is literally killing you
- The Unmeasurables of an Eating Disorder Illness cannot always be measured, and neither can wellness
- When Your Mother Says She’s Fat Dear Mum, I was seven when I discovered that you were fat, ugly and horrible
- You probably know to ask yourself, “What do I want?” Here’s a way better question
Personal blogs of living with, and recovering from, mental health issues
- Being Aware An inward journey in this outside world
- Fucking Awesome Bulimics I know
- Gaudiani Clinic Blog Expert medical care for eating disorders
- Mental Health Diary The blog depicts daily life as a mental illness sufferer and is uncut, raw & written in the moment
- NEDIC Guest bloggers on the National Eating Disorders Information Center in Canada
- Nik Tebbe Her husband of 9 years unexpectedly took his own life, leaving her a young widow. This tragedy brought her to her light. She found the deep spirituality that always resided within her soul, waiting dormant for years but always whispering out to her.
- The Knight of Steel After a two year struggle with clinical depression he shared a Facebook post about his issues. It was a scary step but a desperate situation. Sharing problems was a last measure, but from there, an amazing blog, community, and book-to-be have grown.