Due to some technical mumbo jumbo glitchy stuff my webpage was lost for what seemed like forever but was perhaps a day or two. I was most bereft.
I have consulted the technology fairies and the pixie dust has been waived, the credit card swiped, and I’m back in the land of the cyber living. Phew!
I’m also in the land of man flu so nothing of any significance will be gracing my page for a day or two, but I just wanted to say don’t give up on me. There are good things to come this year. Really good things. I can feel it in my waters!
In the meantime, I’d keep encouraging anyone who hasn’t done so yet, to like my author page on Facebook. When I get closer to finalising and launching my memoir that’s where all the exciting things will be happening. The turning point is just around the corner. I promise! My deadline for first draft is 17 March. Gotta pull my socks up – but hey, I can reach my toes so it shouldn’t be a problem 🙂
As my brain is clogged with fog and mucous today, I thought I’d leave you with gems from one of the most beautiful minds of our generation – the great and honorable Maya Angelou.
- I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.
- Nothing will work unless you do.
- There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
- Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future and renders the present inaccessible.
- We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.
- Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.
- My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
- When you learn, teach. When you get, give.
- Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.